View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2018, 07:24 (Ref:3809040)   #272
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
The races that count for having an international spec car are over and they made a mockery of said international spec. It's abundantly clear that any hope of a common top class between IMSA and WEC in 2022 to allow teams a chance at the major American enduros along with Le Mans is an utter pipe dream on the behalf of the ACO given the protectionist attitude that's been shown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
You can't be serious right? Have you forgotten what happened when ESM went over to WEC, for example?

I think there are amazing teams on both sides of the Atlantic but this just seems like a lot of denial about the imbalance between normal P2s and DPi cars. To just broadly dismiss a team like United to further your own agenda is disingenuous at best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Laughing at the comment re European and American teams.

It's always good to stop by here on IMSA side for laughs, that is true

Just heads up before certain/certain parties come in mocking as they do, ALMS was my favorite series in the world but even in it's hayday with RS Spyders and HPDs challenging the Audis and gang I would have never made absurd, outrageous fanboy comments about the quality surpassing the European side by 100-0, whether that's in teams or machinery

Now, as for numbers, when the stock P2s run by "worse teams" bail out eventually once they got tired of always having the negative spectrum for the races that actually matter, leaving this series with a 10 car grid for the headline class just like in DP before the fusion, then let's see how much boasting there will be...

Last edited by Deleted; 19 Mar 2018 at 07:52.