View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2020, 07:56 (Ref:4013852)   #2467
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Average maximum temperature in Saudi Arabia in July is 40 degrees.Ridiculous time of year to schedule a race.
The mandatory 2 weeks quarantine in Australia for sports people coming into the country from overseas is being enforced for Indian cricket team and Australian Open tennis.The government has said that won’t be relaxed until there is a vaccine.Despite brave noises from GP Corporation I’m not booking my air tickets to Melbourne yet.
No summer break.When was this agreed to?
It doesn’t say anything about racing in Saudi in July - it says later in the season so it’s more likely to be paired with Abu Dhabi and be November.

The article also specifically mentions that the Belgium/Netherlands/Italy triple header will be after the summer break, so it doesn’t say that is being cancelled either.

Personally, I don’t think it will be a 23 race calendar at all. Australia looks very doubtful, and being the season open I wouldn’t expect it to be replaced. Brazil I also wasn’t expecting to be hosting a race, they haven’t even plunged a shovel in the ground yet and I don’t think Liberty and Interlagos are on the best of terms at the moment. With a more conventional calendar, it will be more difficult to squeeze a replacement in if Brazil was paired with another flyaway event

Last edited by el_cat; 30 Oct 2020 at 08:01.