Thread: CSCC SNETTERTON
View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2017, 05:56 (Ref:3724523)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I think the issue is that competitors at 'this level' are not used to having need of an accurate speedo for things such as Code 60. Like a lot of people, I mark the pit lane limit on the rev counter- usually for 2nd and 3rd if 4 speed box. I set using GPS. (In non racing conditions!) For Code 60 you rely on all cars having an accurate measurement of speed, otherwise you will get cars dropping back or catching up. What chance of everyone having 60kph accurately measured on speedo or rev counter?

I seem to remember in F1 last year, when under virtual SC, LH being caught up by NR- and if they were going exactly the speed legislated that should not have happened...

Personally, if I knew my 60kph to be exact, I would be well peeved if a competitor made up 1/2 a lap on me due to his measurement being 'less accurate'! Plus there is always a chance that someone has a very conservative measurement and holds you up.

I'm sure it will become more second nature with practice, but without all cars having an accurate fitted speedo or a simple GPS driven version, there are bound to be anomalies. I know there are issues with driver behaviour behind SC as well, but probably easier to deal with?

This is the sort of GPS speedo I've seen being used. Just need everyone to have one..... https://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/ga...-c36/ds50-p401

Last edited by Mike Bell; 8 Apr 2017 at 06:33. Reason: Addition