View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2016, 16:51 (Ref:3695157)   #44
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Really? I'm still amazed by how ugly they could make that car, considering how good looking the street version is. Those fenders, come on...
Yep. To be honest, on the whole the TCR concept has slightly better looking cars than NGTC of the BTCC. However both series are guilty of horrendous, boxy wheel arch extensions which look completely out of place. They should just allow say a 2 or 4% wheel arch roll to massage what is currently there outwards, not bolt on a plastic extension which ruins the shape. Take the Honda Civic from both TCR and NGTC. The TCR version looks slighty more restrained, particuarly around the front wheel arch. I think the Audi S3 Saloon as a road car is perfectly proportioned and should be an ideal platform for a race saloon, however both the TCR and NGTC cars have these massive bolted on wheel arches which just ruin the lines for me.