Old 12 Jun 2017, 23:34 (Ref:3740705)   #17
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Sorry poorly worded by me. I mean introduced on the streaming page. Last time I used it you couldn't bring up streaming on the same page as timing. It was one or the other.
The funny thing is, the ITV streaming page did actually have the timing on it a few years ago. No idea why they stopped doing that.

The BTCC viewing experience is generally poor online and on TV. Look at Supercars down under for example. All of the support races are shown, as are some of their qualifying sessions, and the Supercar practice sessions are broadcast as well. F1 & NASCAR broadcast all of their practice and qualifying sessions, as does TCR International. Even looking at smaller national championships, it's possible to watch all Saturday and Sunday races of the ADAC Motorsport package in Germany and the Thai Super Series, and I'm sure there are many others.

ITV have the capability to show the entire event but they refuse to do so. They have all the cameras ready and set up to show BTCC qualifying on Saturdays (and even then it's not in HD) but we only see the support races if there's the possibility of a title being decided at the final meeting. Even on Sundays, the coverage starts and ends with BTCC. Any support races before the BTCC are either not shown or are shown in the form of hacked up, almost incoherent highlights, and supports after the third BTCC race are treated as if they're not even happening. And before anyone says "But you can watch those on Motorsport UK", those programmes are weeks and sometimes months behind.

The coverage is really poor by modern standards but that's ITV for you. All they care about are adverts and sob stories.