View Single Post
Old 11 May 2015, 10:30 (Ref:3536398)   #107
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandrePT View Post
If someone shows interest in racing the 75, I believe that can be possible, but he's a tuner, not a racer or a driver.

Here in Portugal, we have a new championship, with gr. A cars from '82 till '99, where I'm racing my Integra DC2. This would be perfect for this car...

There's a couple of RS500 and an M3 E30, so it suited the Alfa! Problem is here everyone with deep enough pockets to race these cars are only interested in winning cars and the Alfa 75 can't match the Ford or the BMW...
This is becoming a big potential problem with series catering for these cars, which is why there needs to be sensible breaks in the permitted years for the cars.

I.E
1982-86 (pre homologation specials! which was the true spirit of Group A)
1987-92 (M3, Sierra, R32 etc)

I also reckon he might be better off finding a 2.5 V6 engine and running the 75 in that spec rather than with the Turbo (likely a lot less expensive as well!)