View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2010, 01:57 (Ref:2622091)   #16
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post
Lol. She is actually quite good at all things technical! (apart from that wee faux pas)
Having a brother and a husband who have been racing for years, I reckon some of it had to transfer to her
Ah, an attuned version. I understand.

My eldest daughter moaned, as the colder days started last year, that her 2 year old leased Astra was not responding well to the cold and wet roads. One of the tyre looked a bit down, as modern tyres often do, so I asked when she had last checked the pressures. Blank look. 'They probably checked them when I had that new tyre fitted a couple of months ago ...'

So I checked. I didn't find two the same - or within about 5ft/lb of each other. I re-inflated to pressures slightly above 'normal' as she was about to head off down the M1 with a full complement of frinds on board. She sent me a text message later saying how much better the thing felt to drive.

When she started to drive, some years back now, she seemed keen to be aware of the 'maintenance and general care' issues of running a car and even the finer points of driving. That lasted about a year. It's not cool to be into that sort of thing at University it seems.