Thread: LM24 Le Mans Tips 2016
View Single Post
Old 2 May 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3637967)   #7
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I missed the cathedral the first two times I went to Le Mans. Finally made it there last year and was in awe at the beauty of it. Wish I had seen it sooner as it will now be on the must-list of things to do. So don't miss a visit to the cathedral. After you leave take the stairs down and see the Roman wall by the river.

If venturing away from the circuit my favorite thing to do is visit some of the amazing chateaus that the area is known for. Saw the castle in Angers for the first time last year and really thought that was an amazing sight to see!
Echo the endorsement for Angers - we went there (in a rainstorm as @elaviel will I am sure attest) and had a fun nose around, then went and found a very good winery. Nice drive down there and lovely town.

Outside of that - down towards Tours the chateau and gardens at Villandry are fantastic, more quietly La Lude is one of my favourite chateau around Le Mans.

It's worth thinking that within 90 minutes of Le Mans you've got a lot of France at your fingertips - be adventurous, think your way to what might be fun, and play with Google Maps (other services are also available) and you'll have a lot of fun.

Enjoy.