View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2009, 20:58 (Ref:2492881)   #8
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
cept thats an s2000 car... i'd hate to think what u'd need to make it work or even look relativly the same once u shove a v8 in it... prolly be more of a sports sedan more than anything in the end
Unlike the current cars, which as we know are closely based on the road car shells!
I was fortunate enough to be given the guided tour through FPV's pit garage at Hamilton, and the gentleman from FPV hosting the tour was very accomodating of us. After much poking in and around MW's car and asking many questions from myself I deduced that the only parts of the FG that were from the road car were the bootlid, roof, bonnet,drivers and passengers doors, and these were cut and shut quite a bit! The front and rear wheelarches and rear doors were all carbon fibre. The floor pan was fully fabricated (no FG there) and we were told that it takes 2000 hours to build a single shell. (beautifully done too) No reason why the same procedure couldn't be applied to any other car you would poke a stick at. Except of course political reasons, and because a lot of you don't like foreign interlopers!..........
BD