View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3790777)   #125
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Having a round in Europe is surely for some reasons in order to have some more cars, 10 cars just isn't good enough.

I wonder if it also might be some kind of a peak towards the European side of rallycross, like a power struggle of some sort. WRX has gotten the popular one over the years now and with a round at the Circuit of Americas it gotta sting for the people of GRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Let's be honest GRC has run its course anyway

If it were not for Red Bull keeping it going it would have died a few years back. There is just no need for two series
I haven't been following the GRC closely over the last couple of years but, as a casual viewer, I do get the sense the series is in decline. Perhaps that is a biased view given that I predominantly follow the World Championship.

Coming to Europe does seem a pretty bold move and it's surely going to be a costly endeavour for a handful of cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Furthermore, having the drivers of GRC competing against European drivers could also be somewhat of a power competition I think. Beating Europeans at their own game and at their own soil (irrelevant of newly built or traditional rallycross track) would be a boost for American rallycross.
I hope the GRC select a venue which is within reach of some of the top European (and/or World) front runners. There is still the question about the difference in Championship regulations, though hopefully that is something that can be easily addressed.

I'm not sure how the cars got to South Africa last year. With round 11 (Germany) taking place in mid-October, will the World cars already be on the way to South Africa by late October? Would be nice to see PSRXVW or EKS show up and give the VARX Beetles a good thrashing!