View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2017, 17:47 (Ref:3773730)   #51
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Lol

You turn away Gilles, Ronnie and a few others who actually could have won championships driving in the ways you says they cant, but did not, mainly because of a sense of duty and team play.

Yet you pick a guy who only had one shot and blew it!

I do wonder about some peoples perceptions of what it takes to win a title or be a great I really do.

Do you like sportscars by any chance, that may explain the Ickx infatuation? Which is fair enough
No need to be sarky or rude my dear chap - I just have a different view to your own, and I think a sustainable one. I am not 'infatuated' by Ickx (nor any other driver ) nor am I an especial sports car fan. I think my argument is reasonable and informed a little by the fact that I saw all the drivers from trackside in Grands Prix except Moss and Elford.

I stand by my Villeneuve view - and that puts me in a minority I know. He made far too many mistakes and lived in the moment even if on his day he was sublime. The Jimi Hendrix of drivers .

But let's remember this is all just idle opinion expressed by one anorak to another , and not an assertion of fact. So lets play nicely eh ?