View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2007, 21:50 (Ref:1885684)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Coming back from knockhill many moons ago we got pulled in by the Cumbrian coppers and taken to a weighbridge. The weighbridge wasn't long enough to take the van and trailer together, so the van was weighed on its own with the trailer attached and then the trailer on its own but still attached. I was told the van rear axle was overweight a half cwt. After moving a generator and tool box to the trailer it was ok as the train weight was ok. I still got a ticket for this and decided to fight the case as the approach apron to the bridge was downhill and therefore the trailer was pushing down on the towbar and giving a false reading. The summons came through and I went all the way back to the bridge to take measurements and photo's. The bridge belonged to Spillers flour and after talking to the operator I found out that they were closing down and that the test certificate had run out. I went to the case and it was instantly dismissed and I was awarded cost ! This is the only time any money has ever come my way from the penal system.