View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2015, 08:14 (Ref:3573961)   #66
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The original plans for the control building have totally changed. The new design is a much lower (2 storey?) building only, as Race Control now has TV screens to monitor what is going on, so they tend not to need a tall building with a commanding view over the track.

Not sure where the timekeeping will be done from as they generally need visual communication with the start line.

Not sure how this will affect commentators, as they currently use the apartment unit used by race control. Maybe there will be a location above the planned museum/admin building? I certainly don't know, but no doubt in the coming months, all will become clearer.

At either end of the hospitality suites, there will be covered viewing platforms for the proposed "Circuit Club" members.

As far as we can ascertain at the moment, we can expect maybe 4 "Premier" events a year.

The rumour is (and I do mean rumour) that when the Pukekohe contract with Aussie V8s expires, there is a possibility it will go to HD.

Other "premier" events could include a couple of overseas/international events, Moto GP and the Aussie GT Series. Also classed as a premier event will be what is currently the annual January Festival meeting, though what form that will take will obviously be up to the circuit owner.

Speculation is obviously that Highland Park/Hampton Downs could mean a two weekend event for any premier International race.