View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3701269)   #107
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suppose a level of arrogance on your part is to be expected, touche.

But. Thankyou for the insight.

I was not really doing anything other than thinking out loud, obviously not working in the incestuous world of motorsport I have no access to figures as you do, and very few people would have. For those of us on the outside, these sort of figures are not available so we can only go on what we know. And hence get things wrong. My bad.

So what you are saying is effectively that it is a rather pointless idea for Donington to hold biggish events. If so, why do they do it then? If they ALL lose money why on earth would anyone bother? They must make something or they would not carry on hosting such events surely? Superbike gets a decent crowd, surely can't be far from 20 odd thousand, certainly seemed more than that last time I was there anyway.

I guess most of these events are on multi year deals so there would be penalty clauses in place if a track quit? So they have to put up and shut up more or less?

Oh and the haters will love you for life now btw, you might even get fan mail, see above x

Last edited by chunder; 9 Jan 2017 at 14:55.