View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3701362)   #111
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieStewart9 View Post
Once again (as on many other subjects) you are thrashing around wildly with ill thought out quotes about a business you have little or no understanding of. You may be a long term fan and participant (and some of your outside observations can be quite insightful) but you do often shoot from the hip without any basis of understanding on the real situation.
I think the information in the post above (part that was not quoted) was very specific, on target and highly illustrative. But why the beat down that I quote above? It wasn't required to make the point. It actually left a sour taste in my mouth.

I think knowledgeable individuals participating in discussion here is a wonderful thing. I wish we had more of it. Those of us who are interested, but maybe not "in the know" need that missing information to set the record straight or course correct the discussion.

But when in a position of power or knowledge, there is no need to berate those who are wrong because they are uninformed. Even if their ignorance, naivety or self confidence is irritating. Your bonafides is your strength of your argument. Being nice is an easy, disarming and a successful way to make a point.

Richard