View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3701773)   #119
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
The latest news from the BRDC is that when Liberty are involved they will take a sympathetic view of Silverstone's position, and the Club is optimistic of retaining the Grand Prix, with improved finances all round.

Some good news for a change. It is even possible the no one will disagree.
Call me an old cynic if you like, but I fear this may be more of an example of hope over experience. I also note that the BRDC having missed their self imposed deadline by which to have sold the venue last October, they are now saying they don't need to sell. We have heard all this before...

On a positive note thay have got £10M from the lottery to convert the hanger building into a heritage centre, as long as they don't squander that as they did with the Wing, they might have half of chance of making that work. I note that this grant is awarded to Silverstone Heritage Ltd that has it's own CEO.