Thread: 2013 Cup Bodies
View Single Post
Old 16 May 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3075400)   #69
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
So the Impala will have an even bigger sister? That's ridiculous, as if the Malibu was that small.
It as far from ridiculous as one can get; it actually shows that some at Chey/GM still have brains.

The supposed full-size cars nowadays are barely as large as the old compact Chevy II or Nova as it was later called.

Four of us, gents, took a long weekend camping trip in my cousins Malibu only we had to motel it, as there was no room for camping gear in the trunk of what are really sub-compact econo-boxes passed off as family sedans.

People who mock persons for buying utes or SUVs as they are called in the States, definitly are the ones who do not use their cars for anything but hauling themselves or maybe one other person downtown and back making them ignorant of just how useless todays sedans are for anything but hauling people minus luggage or cargo.
---------------

On a side note: why not call it a Caprice SS?

I can see it happen- "I drive an SS."
"SS what?"
"An SS."
"OK I get it. Who's on first?"

This move ranks on the stupid side along with Chrysler dropping the Dodge from the Viper name and creating the SRT brand; it gives me the feeling that some in Detroit, or where ever, are totally clueless to the mind set of the the U.S. buying public.

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 16 May 2012 at 18:51.