View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3296131)   #2537
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaaaazFR View Post
But in the same time you can expect Porsche to run 3 drivers line-up during all the WEC (like Toyota & Audi started to do last year) to give every line-up a maximum track time and some perfect routine in their work.

Plus a possible 3rd car for Le Mans. I remember someone of Porsche board saying that with 2 cars you cannot win Le Mans...

So that let us ... 5 seats to fill!

In the Endurance Info list some names have been linked very strongly with Porsche like Heidfeld, Pilet, Lieb (those two are under contract), Vernay (will they sign him if he keeps doing P16 or P20 in supercup??) ...

My point of view is that it's going to be closely linked to what Porsche is going to do with 991 (USCR? WEC? 1 or 2 cars?) ;-)
I hope you are right that Porsche will run six full-time drivers in the WEC.

The third car for LM is a dream for 2014 in my opinion. It might just be a year too early but I hope I'm wrong.

I still think we will see Heidfeld. But why no announcement? Vernay is an interesting one for me.

Peugeot reserve driver. It seemed like Porsche brought him into the family for 2013 to keep him busy and ready for the 2014 P1 project. Maybe he's tested. Who knows. But as you say gaaaazFR, apart from Le Mans, he has not really shown anything this year.