View Single Post
Old 31 May 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3543505)   #62
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
im all for using exaggeration to make my point but come on there are limits!

forget 120 years of history, if you really think LH's journey was so 'streamlined' then i would like to hear why you think the multitude of pay drivers on this years grid have by comparison had it so difficult?
When McLaren (Ron Dennis) picked Hamilton as a future star ( and what, at such an early age made him stand out?) he was put into private education, and groomed for stardom. All of his racing paid for, always placed with the best possible team, carefully kept from the British Public's eye by racing in European series. (Why did he not contest the UK Formula 3 Championship, always regarded as one of the best proving grounds for future F1 drivers?).

From the age of 10 he was destined to drive for McLaren, a top team, in Grands Prix, and so it worked out, and when teamed with a double World Champion, was given his head to compete on an even basis.

I am happy to be proved wrong if you can name another driver with so many advantages, Rosberg with his father's background still had to fight his way up on merit. Privileged? Yes! But certainly not to the same extent.

Lewis Hamilton was never a pay driver, he has always been a paid driver.

Cheers,

bauble.