View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2015, 07:07 (Ref:3543669)   #65
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valet_dave View Post
I'm thinking he hit the placard because he screwed up his braking distance. It's a pretty easy mistake to make when rage or ego is obscuring your vision.

I've always thought that professional drivers, being paid million dollar contracts, with tens of thousands of impressionable young fans, need to be held to a higher standard when it comes to their behaviour on the world stage. But I'll admit I'm a bit old fashioned on that one and today's celebrities... that's what F1 driver's are... know that their brand is more effected by lack of publicity, rather than an excess of it and that talent is not necessarily a measure of success.
I think that running into the third place placard was the racing drivers version of going home from work after a bad day at the office and kicking the cat!
I also think it was a way of showing how peeved (not my initial choice of wording) he was for finishing in that position.