View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2016, 19:54 (Ref:3685110)   #126
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Emotions apart:

TC1 was actually a good concept and it could have worked. There were quite a lot of very good races (when Citroens were in the middle) but Citroen just raised the level way too much probably. Shame really

TC1 didn't appeal to other manufacturers and that was the problem. Most efforts globally go now into Formula E and WEC. Recenlty I read a Russian article where it was mentioned that Hyundai was the manufacturer that should have entered in 2017 but they refused.

I like the current concept of WTCC but I have to admit that to be honest it doesn't work for global audience, spectator figures are not growing so maybe it's time for a major overhaul.

I believe it may be appealing for Volvo to build a Class 1 car, actually Mercedes/BMW/Audi/Lexus are closer competitors for them compared with Lada. But still it will be hard to implement these regulations.

Will be interesting to see what comes next. Basically for now it's time for the championship to survive until 2019. i think next year it will be 14-15 cars. As for 2018 hard to tell