View Single Post
Old 8 Sep 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2756090)   #27
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I just hope half these teams will be around next year. If Duno is gone next year (and her CITGO money) what happens to Coyne? I think this may be their last year of Indycar Racing.
I think that it's normal that, before the end of the year, there are a lot of question mark...I have to remember you the last year situation: this winter a lot of people think that we have no more than 20 cars...and now we saw that Indycar had to change the qualifying format and other rules because there were too much cars...I think ke we have to stay quite and more optimistic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Also, what about Sarah Fisher Racing, don't you think If Dollar General wants to stay as a sponsor in indycar they would want to go to a bigger team like Andretti? I know its great to support the little guys(and girls) but if I were Dollar General I would not be at all pleased with the results.
Maybe with a more talented driver than Sarah Fisher the team could increase the results (and its reputetion)...remeber that they have a top ten finish this year at the first race with Rahal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
Dollar General put the big money into their NASCAR program, and it's probably pretty cheap to sponsor a part-time season for Sarah Fisher. Considering Fisher gets a lot of coverage every time she races, it's probably a better deal than spending the same to get a decal on an Andretti car for the full year. Results are about sales, not podium finishes, so I guess they see the sense in it.
For example, I don't think that, from a sporting point of view, their NASCAR program is better than IndyCar program...