View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2002, 09:42 (Ref:379401)   #1
paul.hickman
Racer

United States
uk, mallorca & florida...
paul.hickman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic Le Mans

Only a week to go to what arguably should be one of the greatest historic race meetings of the year – Classic Le Mans! Now, unless I have missed postings here, no mention has been made of this second foray to Le Sarthe this year.

The weekend seems interesting to say the least. Practice on Saturday morning – racing starting at 3 (or is it 4) pm with 24 races starting on the hour lasting for 35 minutes. But racing throughout the night when practicing is in daylight? Hmm… and I have just a funny feeling that the race timetable might slip – we think we have problems with timetables in the UK when an incident or two slows things up. Consider then ‘clearing up’ after 23 races and getting the next race underway on the full Le Mans circuit all in 25 minutes! And we are talking Gallic organisation here…

Is the great British marshalling contingent going? Certainly, Sarah and I will be at Post 61 and I believe that Herr Neubauer (aka John Williams), John Tillott and Trevor Jackson will be at Post 31. Probably Tony Applewhite will be going as well.

But what of the rest of you? Who’s going are where will you be?