View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3765231)   #5169
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Originally posted in the Toyota thread, but I think it has relevance here in a different context.

I did read something interesting on another forum regarding finances, and I think that it's interesting that a point was brought up.

Most Japanese companies run to a different fiscal year than most North American or European companies do. Fiscal year for most Japanese companies runs from April to March. Most everyone else does like Sept. to August or Oct. to Sept.

The 2018/19 WEC schedule does, be it by coincidence or maybe by design, align with the Japanese fiscal year.

But the end of the season also aligns with being close to the 2019 fiscal year that most everyone else uses. Could that be a part of trying to get more teams in by then?