View Single Post
Old 10 May 2011, 08:20 (Ref:2877938)   #6
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We were out in our positively modern yellow Fiat Coupe in Future Classics on Sunday and I have to admit that it was most enjoyable. Practice was very slippery which suited the FWD Fiat very well (but less so the 911s that seemed to enjoy do pretty little spins!) but sadly it dried up so we qualified mid-field.

Jason made his traditional excellent start and got to 10th by the end of the first lap and then had some good racing with an interesting mix of cars (Transam, Astra, Aston V8, various Porsches). A great driver change just as the safety car period started for a short stint meant we probably made up a couple of positions. I very much enjoyed racing the Fiat - unusual to have a car do exactly what your require of it (used to historic cars being a wee bit temperamental) and in the end we finished a very creditable 9th overall.

I hear there were dramas on Saturday in the very difficult conditions but thankfully everyone seems fine.

Another terrific event organised by the CSCC. Next event for us is Mallory at the end of May with Julius' HRDC - we may be brave and bring out both the Lancia Aurelia and Fiat Abarth again subject to the engine going back in the Abarth with no issues...