View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2492744)   #119
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've only been to Silverstone three times (vs numerous times to Brands) so maybe I'm not in a position to judge. But I didn't like the place, and that's why I rarely return, even though Silverstone is closer.

I found it windswept and bleak, with sparse & neglected facilities, too many grandstands/hospitality marquees restricting general admission viewing, and high fencing making it hard to take decent photos. No doubt if Brands ever hosted F1 again it would be similarly spoiled, but to me it's a better venue for spectators than Silverstone or Donington. You couldn't get much closer to the action than from many places on the GP loop or the inside of Druid's. You can really sense the history on the GP loop; somehow the lack of facilities there gives it an amazing atmosphere which contrasts with the stadium-like Indy circuit. I haven't really had bad experiences with spectators at any circuit, so that hasn't shaped my opinion.