View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3782261)   #53
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
...In a strange way, Hamilton is a bad fit for Mercedes - so it only goes to show how much they value his performances on track that they will overlook his lack of 'corporate sensibility'.
is he though?

seems to me that LH is selling a lifestyle ideally suited to peddle cars to both demographics which Merc currently covet...younger demo looking to lease or buy (but probably lease) an 'affordable' entry level car like their A-Class as well as being able to target the young jet set type who can afford to buy (or their parents can afford to buy them) their multi million dollar Project One supercars.

but as this thread is about DR, i think these are also demos where DR would also succeed at reaching...no doubt in part because of the exposure and persona he has attained via his RB association.

but all that said...who really knows if drivers really have that much effect on car sales anyways.