View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2017, 16:13 (Ref:3782442)   #64
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i suppose marketability would be a reason.
i actually think DR is a much better and far more aggressive driver (more of a winners instinct if you will) then Bottas...but for arguments sake lets say DR and VB are equal in ability and both seem like good guys so team harmony with LH would remain intact, then surely a global brand like Merc should go with the driver they think will help them sell more cars.
Bottas beat Danny Ricc in an epic Renault Eurocup title race in 2008, was it?

They were the class of the field which included a lot of future talent..

In F3 their results appear to have been similar.

Ricciardo has a real killer instinct when it comes to overtaking, something quite akin to Montoya in that respect (who I maintain was THE overtaker of the modern era) but Bottas has shown a steely determination and ability to quickly pull a gap off the start on cold tyres (see Sochi and A1 Ring).

It would actually be very interesting to see these 2 paired in a team, let alone against Hamilton!