View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2018, 12:58 (Ref:3838715)   #267
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
You have to wonder what William's were thinking when they had the car in the wind tunnel, the thing has to go around corners and that is where you need to generate the downforce.
My speculation is that I would assume that everything looked good in CFD and maybe the same in the tunnel. They are probably lost due to lack of correlation between reality and their simulations. Until that is resolved, it’s hard to trust the numbers coming out of CFD and tunnel when creating fixes.

Also the scenario described above (vortices moving as wheels are turned) might be hard to detect in a tunnel give the dynamic nature of the scenario. I have no idea if it’s possible to manipulate the attitude of the car and wheel angle dynamically while in the tunnel. Especially if using a rolling road.

Richard