View Single Post
Old 5 May 2008, 00:23 (Ref:2194082)   #17
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar7605
About the charity topic - if you were a driver, would you risk your life and career in a medium which you are unfimilar with? What if something catastrophic happened to Dale Jr.? NASCAR and Hendrick would have multiple heart attacks, and to top it off Dale doesn't get paid.

Remember 2 or 3 years ago when Dale raced at Infineon raceway? He was driving the Corvette ALMS car when it caught fire. He was burned pretty badly on the hands and legs. I think after that, NASCAR was very weary of letting him race in non-NASCAR events.

Dale Jr. would need at least $1 million to race, and even then it's not going to happen.

Now, Tony Stewart racing at Texas would make more sense!

*BTW - Texas is on June 7, the next day on June 8 is Pocono for NASCAR.*

Well at the risk of taking this off-topic, it is not our fault that Dale Jr is as goofy as his dad was about safety equipment and not using it. Jr hops into a 'Vette without the proper layers of nomex and when it hits the fan he almost buys the farm. Maybe next time he will wear the underwear AND the overalls.

His dad said: "I ain't puttin my head in a god-d***** noose," (referring to HANS device advice) ignored Bill Simpson's advice about mounting his belts and insisted on wearing an open-face helmet. The results speak for themselves.

Personally, I don't think he has the talent to drive an open wheel car...so he is going to "protect the franchise" by staying out of one.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.