View Single Post
Old 11 May 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3732856)   #42
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
to be honest, and this is just a theory of mine with no supporting evidence, but how much of the venue's losses are actual operating losses or losses created once the local promoters and/or their management companies have taken out their fees, salaries, bonuses etc?

regardless of that though, i see you point, if CC wants the venues to do more, then he needs to willing to incentivize that behaviour and the most obvious method for that is a reduction in sanctioning fees.

so then the question becomes how would the venue make use of that extra money?

if its to promote F1 and/or subsidize their other events then im fine with that as the overall promotion of motorsports is a good thing (and one way we can beat the NIMBY's back).

but if its just for more profit and more money to distribute among themselves then i go back to having a problem.

cynically though i feel like it would be the latter...too many years under the reign of BE and far too many greedy people feeding from the trough. not that i think any of them are bad people per say, just being greedy became the way to survive and succeed at this game.

F1 needs a culture change so for the time being im willing to support CC. some of the things he has done strike me as business as usual but similarly i do believe he is sincere in creating a better partnership with the stakeholders.