View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2018, 00:58 (Ref:3807630)   #37
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
what a daft comment thats shows a total lack of understanding of the passion in the sport
Rubbish. I am a Ford fan via being a Glenn Seton fan.

But I can see Ford Australia don't race. People are welcome to build their own production-based Fords for Improved Production. That's a lot of fun, and those cars are "real" Fords.

These days I like Honda too (partly because of the great engineering in their engines, and great designs of their products); and (as you know) Sochiro Honda said "without racing there is no Honda", so you tend to find Honda racing bikes and cars nearly anywhere and everywhere.

If Ford don't want to be in the ATCC/Supercars, perhaps because they are unrelated to real cars or whatever other reason, what's the issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Ford Australia did not compete in the previous equivalents to Supercars either, but its fans still barracked for the cars that represented the overall brand
Would you REALLY stop barracking for DJR Team Penske or Tickford racing just because they started racing KIAs or indeed Holdens? Isn't it better to support them because they are a great team of men and women (which they are IMO, but I am biased of course), rather than because there is a blue badge on the front of their race cars?

Like I said, just as I might choose to tinker with superseded Honda K20A engines, you might choose to express your interest in Ford via still tinkering with equally superseded Ford Australia Barra engines even though DJR Team Penske might be running KIAs (or, gasp, Commodores!).

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 13 Mar 2018 at 01:06.