Old 15 Mar 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3808107)   #1
Trikes
Rookie

Australia
Australia Hobart
Trikes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heim Joints

Can we talk about Heim Joints please.

I have a 03 Honda Type R Integra and while it's a bullet in a straight line I can't get the Wheel Alignment anywhere near correct. It's running static 8 degree's Toe In atm (front) and when 3 guys get under it and pull down a bit (2-3mm) it shoots up to 16 degree's of Toe In. Anyway the Heim Joint / Rose Joint is bottomed out on the Threads on the Steering Arm that connects to the front of the Rack.

Thread engaged with the current HJ is about 14 threads. I reckon to get my Toe / Camber where I want it I may have to lose up to 7 threads by perhaps utilizing a shorter H/J and chopping the Arm.

With H/J how much is not enough thread engagement using R Spec tyre's?

Current wheel alignment specs are + 2.34 Camber and - 3.0 Caster with 8mm Toe In.

A bit more history : I bought the Car from Interstate here in Australia and it was winning lots of big events (circuit racing). Watching the Video's the past owner supplied he had the same problem but put up with it. I've raced it twice (Time Attack) and won twice but it's a scary ride where the Track raises and falls - especially falls and it's bloomin sketchy in Sweepers.

Your thoughts Gentlemen please.