View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2511327)   #12
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias99 View Post
if riccardo was in euroseries his performences would be different as he has 2 years of eurocup experience on the european tracks, you have to remember riccardo never raced in britain until this year! last year he lost the title to bottas by 1 point because of tricky conditions and a bad call by his team and bottas got away with it. They are very evenly matched and it would be good to see them in the same championship again next year! i remember silverstone last year they fought all they way till the end of the race and riccardo came out on top on the last lap after bottas led the whole way. thats just my opinion
I'd agree they're evenly matched, although if Ricciardo was in F3ES with Carlin he wouldn't be able to compete fairly with Bottas because of the ART advantage.

I also doubt that we'll see them together next year; I'd expect Bottas to remain in F3ES and go for the championship, whilst Ricciardo will probably go to WSR. The following year in GP2 is when they'd next compete.

If I had my personal view, I think Bottas seemed the better last year, but Ricciardo has done better this year. The last few races will be interesting though; Hulkenburg and Bianchi both came on strongly at the end of their rookie seasons, I wonder if Bottas will do the same.