View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3433944)   #2
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I raced in F4 in the 70s and remember some of the people mentioned although unfortunately I can't shed much light on the provenance of the cars. Pat Capon was involved in historic racing a few years ago so may be contactable. There was a guy called Jim Seager who raced an Ensign in F4 as well in 78/79 era. I'm not sure if that would fill in any gaps. My understanding was that Ken Crook's car was built from new parts but you've probably had the full story from Ken himself. Hugh Price, who is the Championship Chairman for Classic F3 used to race in F4 in that era and I think he had an Ensign. Bob Laughton was one of the more senior drivers in F4, or so it seemed to me as a callow 23 year old so he'd be getting on a bit now. Another useful contact might be Dave Pullen, Championship Chairman for HSCC Classic Racing Cars, he worked for Low Cost Racing in the Seventies so might know some detail. He doesn't do computers but should be contactable via Tenther Chris Sharples.

As for the Revoray, I thought it was a special that used Ensign bodywork, but I may be wrong.