Thread: Books Books - My Top 20
View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1354481)   #33
Pete Fenelon
Racer

Pete Fenelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD
There are so many classics that went through a remaindering stage. Most of my Dave Friedmans have been acquired through careful watching of remainder shops. Racing With the David Brown Aston Martins was for a while £15.00 the pair. Michael Reidner's Mercedes W196 book was spotted in a seconds shop for £12.95 indecently soon after publication.

Right now, most booksellers are taking advantage of Transport Bookman selling off their inventory on the cheap. I would strongly suggest laying down copies of Shooting Star, Sports Car Heaven, The Robert Fellows Collection and The Rivals while they're still available.

And £20 for the Zborowski biography (original price £95) can't last forever.
Who's got the Zborowski book for a score?

I also have a cheap copy of Riedner - bought it in a strange bookshop near St Paul's Cathedral in about 1990 along with the previous year's Jane's All The World's Aircraft, for a total of under 30 quid.

I bought Friedman's "The Legends Of Motorsport" recently and paid a lot more than a tenner for it... but that's an exquisite book.

The one I kick myself for is when The Certain Sound was remaindered not long after it came out. There was one copy of it, sitting on a remainder table in the book department of Blacker's department store in Liverpool, and I flicked through it, thought "oh yeah, that's nice, I'll pick it up next time I'm in town", and bought something about then-contemporary F1.... It was a fiver.