View Single Post
Old 24 Dec 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3698346)   #368
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greetings all. Well, it is almost the close of 2016. I haven't been on here, very much, of late. Like most, I LOATH the chase. It has ruined a good bit of the enjoyment that I had derived from watching the races over the years. I combatted it this way. At the beginning of the last 10 races, I completely cut the sound off. That way I did not have to hear the constant praises of the chase, at the expense of the rest of the drivers and teams racing! All I care about is seeing the race, seeing who wins the races and how they won them. This joke of a system has devalued the Championship for this series to a point of being a just another popularity contest and pretty much meaningless. The boneheaded decisions of the IDIOT, brian france, have turned me. basically, into a barely casual fan, where in the past, I had been a rabid, hardcore fan, that never missed a race! That is pretty sad, when you think about it. That said, I cannot just walk away from NASCAR. Stock car racing has been a huge part of my life and I cannot just leave it. I have no where else to go. I do not like any other form of racing, period. I'll watch an occasional drag race, but it is nothing like it was back in the day and does not offer enough to hold me as a racing fan. Stock cars are the only thing that have ever "done it" and still do it for me. I simply have NO interest in any other form of racing. So here is how I will handle it, from now on, unless things change more back to my suiting, which I seriously doubt will happen, brian france seems to be DOUBLING DOWN on the STUPIDY that had caused me to lose so much interest. I'll watch Speedweeks, ARCA race, whatever the non points race is called now, qualifying and the qualifying races and I'll watch the Xfinity series and the Daytona 500. I'll watch the races, until the last 10 races of the year, then I will do as I did this year, turn the sound down and watch the remaining 10 races in silence. That is the ONLY way I can handle it. I'll comment on the races here, until the last 10, then I will pretty much go dormant until the 2018 season begins. So for all of you, I wish you the most Merry Christmas and a Happy, safe and prosperous New Year. See Y'all at the start of Speedweeks.