View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3461358)   #320
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am a bit hesitant to dredge up this topic as it would appear to be a knee jerk reaction. However, I can't help but to think the the three most recent (does this go all the way back to Senna?) serious driver injuries/deaths in F1 have been due to cockpit intrusions...

Felipe Massa, MarĂ*a de Villota and Jules Bianchi

You can't protect against all scenarios, but I also wonder if there will be questions about the roll hoop being apparently sheared off Bianchi's Marussia. As history of this thread has shown, a closed cockpit is not he only method to improve cockpit safety.

Richard