View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3155341)   #23
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
BackmarkerUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
This sickens me. Flat out. Call me xenophobic if you will but that is ridiculous.
What's the problem? Is it that a Norwegian driver is relying on American sponsors, or that it's Varhaug looking to return to GP2?

If it's a Norwegian relying on American sponsors, if he can pull it off, fair play to him. Even Formula One has struggled to attract American sponsors, so just getting sponsors would be a mean feat. For what it's worth I don't believe he will manage to attract American sponsors. If it's that it's Varhaug, I think he's probably earned another try at GP2. He did reasonably well in Auto GP, and worse drivers have been given second chances in GP2. Jolyon Palmer didn't score at all in his first season, and now he's a race winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
So some of these early tit bits suggest the field could be a lot stronger next year?
It could be stronger next year. Nasr will presumably be back, if Evans, Quaife-Hobbs, Abt/Vainio, Calado, Jaafar and Juncadella make it on the grid, I would say the grid will be strong. But it could easily be that it's just drivers of the calibre of Canamasas, Ma, Varhaug and Regalia.