View Single Post
Old 13 May 2006, 21:14 (Ref:1608996)   #28
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First of all, open up the Dunlop chicane is it was in the early 90's. It needs to be there since a flatout Dunlop corner would be crazy, but now it is just too slow.
Then get rid of the new corner before the esses. The run from the bridge down to the real esses IS the picture in my mind when i think of Le Mans. And i am soo happy i was able to see it myself, before they ruined it.

I am afraid we will have to live with the chicanes, it would be too dangourous to go without them.

Perhaps opening the braking area for Mulsanne Corner would be a good idea. With the kink just before braking, it is quite dangourous to pass backmarkers.

The Indianapolis-Porsche curves part is perfect, leave it! But go back to just a single Ford chicane. I have never understod why you needed another chicane just after you had a chicane.

Overall Le Mans is a great track when compared to the Formula 1 circuits. A few tweaks and it would be a little better, but remind you those tweaks would mostly be "un-tweaks". The circuit is great, and i hate when they mess with it.