View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3724430)   #88
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry henk they were only RS, not RSR. During the season '79 I raced another 3.0 RS with slightly modified rear wings extension. This was made to enter the car either in Grp 3 or in Grp 4 when my preparer could let me a Grp 4 engine. The full trim remained std (compétition-client), we only used larger rear wheels in this case (+1").
During the season '75 my old friend Jean Louis Chateau was doing the Grp4 championship and I was doing the Grp3 one. One night we turned the "what if" mode on. We entered his RSR 3 times in World championship with the worse luck you can imagine! Enna was a no show, Genova ferry missed. Dijon, the organizers said there were too many Gt's! At Spa, Jean Louis blew the engine during the very last lap of Qualy! Jürgen suggest some help, the kind we couldn't afford… Pure amateurs you say?