View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2022, 22:39 (Ref:4107454)   #5990
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Bring the cars back to that level and we can talk, can you bring up a single entry within the last 2 chassis that showed up with an underfunded car and did anything? Cause they are plenty who have just been field fillers in the last 5 seasons. Nothin screams professional like RWR showing up in the field, hell there have been teams without pole day setups, just rolling in with race setup and hoping. Plus again, how many of those sponsors KNOW 33 is a sacred number? I'll put everything I own on less than 25% know and half of them could not care any less. If they cared, they would be on that car at a discounted rate given the 33rd car seems to be the sacred cow for the media. Free attention for them even if the car sucks, but they aren't there

You asked if I could bring up a single entry within the last 2 chassis that showed up with an underfunded car and did anything? Well I have and it won. in 2011 Bryan Herta Autosport had one car, a Dallara IR-05, which was shared between Alex Tagliani and the late Dan Wheldon, who raced it in the 95th running of the Indy 500 and won.

If there have been teams without pole day setups, just rolling in with race setup, is that such a bad thing? Having their car and driver on the front row of the grid, doesn't guarantee a win. In the history of the Indy 500, only 22 drivers have won from pole.

Well, if less than 25% of sponsors know the grid is made up of 33 cars, or half of them could not care any less, all I can say is that's a little sad.