View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 2015, 22:43 (Ref:3601287)   #19
Szisz
Rookie

Szisz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MY ENTIRELY SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS
Not that I really have the motorsports knowledge to necessarily make an informed choice.

Rubaru
At 1.8 miles, your track is a good length for a Formula E circuit. It reminds me a little bit of an extra-twisty cross between Buenos Aires and Detroit. However, I think there may be just a few too many switchback-style corners (not necessarily hairpins, but similar to drive) for the lap to flow. So, on a personal level I'm not completely sold.

ScotsBrutesFan
This is a fast, flowing circuit that would be perfect for stock cars or fast open-wheelers. However, at a shade over two and a half miles it's pretty long for a Formula E circuit, especially at those slower, electric-powered speeds. I'm just not sure it would provide the overtaking and excitement of Buenos Aires or Punta del Este.

AoB Special Stage
This one looks a little bit like the Tempelhopf Airport circuit, which certainly isn't a criticism. It's nicely within the distance confines, and pretty much all the corners could have some run-off if you wanted them to. There are lots of overtaking opportunities, but also lots of slow hairpins, which aren't really to my taste as I've mentioned.

Iceman13
Again, there are lots of hairpins, but also lots of nice chicanes, most of which require a conscious left-right or right-left rather than just gunning it at the apex in a near-straight line and barely touching the brakes, and a fast flowing section. That handy pits area in the carpark is logistically very sensible, too.

THE WINNER
All of the tracks had aspects that I liked and others that I didn't, but for me the winner is Iceman13's circuit. It would be the easiest logistically, and combines several different elements to make a lap that flows and has variety. Therefore, I'd pick this one out as my winner.