View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2017, 00:15 (Ref:3720084)   #261
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
A few whispers from the Melbourne pitlane suggests that McLaren has a get out clause (effective immediately) for their engine deal with Honda Racing, as it was a deal made with previous McLaren F1 management, which is no longer in effect.

We know Ron Dennis is no longer with McLaren F1, but does that now make the McLaren/Honda agreement null and void?? Was a clause put in by RD that if he was to be ousted the Honda deal goes with him? I guess it's all in the fine print of the agreement. Something for the lawyers.

I'm not sure that McLaren could (or would) dump Honda at a this late a stage. It would be a massive blow for Honda if McLaren were to part with them at the early stages of 2017. And a blow for McLaren financially.

If the divorce was to go ahead, it would take 7-9 weeks to re-engineer the MCL32 to drop in the new engine, depending who McLaren deal with. Could we see McLaren powered by a different engine post the summer break? Quite possible from what the rumours are suggesting.
McLaren to Renault?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House