View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3720876)   #8
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I think the engine regs after 2020 will be quite interesting, I don't think that Liberty wants to be held to 'ransom' by anybody and F1 has become too reliant on the big manufacturers who they will know can realistically walk away from F1 at any time regardless of what pieces of paper they have signed (e.g. Toyota).

Remember that Liberty has a foot in FE too, so they may think that let FE do the high tech showcasing and bring F1 back to basics with a more standard engine with KERS, something that is in the range of a wider spread of engine builders to provide?
Tend to agree with this assessment. For road cars, emissions are becoming the critical factor in what the manufacturers sell and so we could find them switching to FE, it has already started really. The FE races that I have seen, admittedly a very limited number, were good with some excitement based really on the tight confines of the tracks used. I did think that running a field of such cars at Silverstone would not be as "interesting".

If that is the way forward for manufacturers then the F1 scene needs to adopt engine regulations that open up the market