Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2018, 13:08 (Ref:3848678)   #101
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Hilarious!

Not once since I posted in this thread on Ferrari and the covering of the FOM camera (post #68 >), have I ever said that Ferrari are doing something "illegal" or they are "cheating". Go back and read from post #68. Read carefully.

I was merely pointing out that the reason given by Ferrari for why a dry ice bag is placed over the camera, and the actual reason for why they do it were two very different things. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ferrari (and their ignoramus fans) have said the ice bag was to cool electronics inside the camera housing, when in fact, it was to block the camera from recording/broadcasting information that Ferrari wanted to protect. Ferrari obviously have something in their car set up procedure that they don't wish others to see (speculation is it's something to do with Ferrari's ERS, which has been cleared by the FiA). Nothing illegal or cheating about that. It's been going on for years in where teams have tried to protect an advantage they have over the other teams.

But we have the usual suspects who will leap to defend Ferrari's actions, but these same individuals are the only ones who bought up the subject of Ferrari doing something illegal and/or are cheating. See below for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If there was really something genuinely untoward happening, it would surely have been pressed harder by the other teams by now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
There's also a completely made up assumption that if a team is hiding something then it must be illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
All this hot air just seems to be an attempt at building a foundation for if Vettel wins the WDC “there will always be question marks over the legality of the car”, rather than “he was better than Lewis over the course of the season”
Guilty conscious maybe?? Hilarious!

And then the usual petulant posts by the usual suspects will soon follow.

Last edited by F1Guy; 7 Sep 2018 at 13:13.