View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2016, 15:30 (Ref:3671440)   #21
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol that post right there is exactly what I'm talking about. "Hope the ACO chokes". What a nice grown up rational response. No entitlement there at all. I never said the ACO can do no wrong. Not thinking DPi is the second coming of Jesus does not make the ACO perfect so let's drop that nonsense.

LMP1-L is for private teams. Not werks (I can spell it wrong too, totally cool), not werks backed. Private. If Mazda doesn't want to spend money to be in LMP1 and fight the big teams then that's fine, they don't have to. But it doesn't mean they should be allowed into a private class to pick on the privateers. This goes for Action Express and other GM backed teams too.

Now if you propose binning LMP1-L completely and introducing DPi then that's another kettle of fish all together and maybe worth talking about. DPi itself is a fine idea and suits IMSA down to the ground. But mixing that with what's a 100% private class isn't a good idea and will mean private teams will lose out to companies like Mazda and Nissan who don't want to spend money to fight with the big teams.

Edit: this goes for Alpine too. Get out of the amateur private classes.