View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2016, 16:20 (Ref:3671462)   #22
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Lol that post right there is exactly what I'm talking about. "Hope the ACO chokes". What a nice grown up rational response. No entitlement there at all. I never said the ACO can do no wrong. Not thinking DPi is the second coming of Jesus does not make the ACO perfect so let's drop that nonsense.

LMP1-L is for private teams. Not werks (I can spell it wrong too, totally cool), not werks backed. Private. If Mazda doesn't want to spend money to be in LMP1 and fight the big teams then that's fine, they don't have to. But it doesn't mean they should be allowed into a private class to pick on the privateers. This goes for Action Express and other GM backed teams too.

Now if you propose binning LMP1-L completely and introducing DPi then that's another kettle of fish all together and maybe worth talking about. DPi itself is a fine idea and suits IMSA down to the ground. But mixing that with what's a 100% private class isn't a good idea and will mean private teams will lose out to companies like Mazda and Nissan who don't want to spend money to fight with the big teams.

Edit: this goes for Alpine too. Get out of the amateur private classes.
What a steaming pile of Horse Manure! The thought, mine anyways, from the beginning in this thread was on how P-1L could be revitalized. It is abundantly CLEAR that there are NO new manufacturers that wish to enter into P-1 as Werks teams because the budget required is too massive. The concept that a team, say Rebellion, could buy a RM Mk.30/Mazda or a Ligier P217/Honda and race it P-1L with OEM body work has to be a werks team is beyond boggling!

As for the entitlement goading comment and the oh so witty retort post to the response to it... What a nice grown up rational response.

As to the assertion that DPi is the second coming, maybe you should try reading the post, as it said "it would behoove the ACO IMO to adopt the DPi formula concept to populate their P-1l class". Not to wholesalely adopt IMSA's DPi, but then again who cares about the ACO right? Or the fact that there is supposed to be a bond/link/relationship between the 2 most popular endurance sports car series.

L.P.