View Single Post
Old 3 May 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3242038)   #35
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
I read on the BBC F1 site that Bernie is planning to only award the top ten teams with money at the end of the season, is he hoping to push a team into bankruptcy so he can have 5 a's and 5 b's ?
Nothing would surprise me but the teams (excluding Red Bull Toro Rosso) have realised that any team could end up in 11th place and appear to be putting pressure on Bernie to change the situation. I think it suits Bernie to not have an agreement at the moment but not CVC if one reads between the lines.
I am not sure where the FIA stands in all this other than Bernie and Jean Todt don't see eye to eye.

I think the idea of A & B teams is dead for the moment as Williams alway want to build their own car and most of the teams have a lot of infrastructure to do the same. I could see the definition of a constructor being loosened somewhat though. Most of the cost is now on aero and reliability for the teams but how to reduce aero cost is another matter.

Last edited by wolfhound; 3 May 2013 at 09:15.