View Single Post
Old 24 Dec 2011, 16:37 (Ref:3003954)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
20k cycle ride followed by 5k run. Last year it was two hours of sheer, unadulterated hell. I thought I was quite fit, cycle 20k in under 50 minutes, run 5k in well under 30 minutes, no sweat. I should have read the small print..."off road".

As a confirmed roadie, singletrack cycling and forest running are totally alien. I have never, ever, been so tired in all my life, and that was just halfway through the bike ride! If you practice in treacle going up the side of a mountain you'll be somewhere near the effort required. The star of the show was Mike B, can't believe someone living somewhere as flat as Norfolk shinned up those hills like a mountain goat!

Great fun though. Well worth getting fit for. You ought to join Delta and me in his local 10k on 8th January as a warm up. No it's not sillyfitathon, if a tub of lard like me can do it anyone can!